Christmas is here again! I'm super excited to be able to visit our families over the long weekend. Shaun is actually off on Christmas Eve so we will be able to see his family in the morning and then go to mine in the afternoon! First time that has happened since we've been together!
The only thing I'm not so excited about is my injury.....
I was working out Tuesday morning and was almost done when I felt a pull in my neck. I paused the DVD and stretched it out a little bit and then continued with the workout. I iced my neck while I ate breakfast. As the day progressed, my neck got really bad. I could hardly turn it to one side and it felt like someone was sending electric waves through me. I took it pretty easy Tuesday night, icing some more.
Wednesday morning I woke up feeling pretty good but it got worse again. I went to my masseuse and as she was working on me she said it was a doozy! She's never felt anything like it before and walked out to call her chiropractic friend. She came back and finished working on me. I continued to ice throughout the afternoon. Fighting back tears from the pain. When I got to the chiro, he checked me out and took x-rays and said himself that it was pretty bad. The x-rays showed my spine curving significantly to the right. It looked like it was off by almost an inch!! He called it torticollis (basically a twisted neck). He then proceeded to adjust me. Boy was that painful! He hit the spot as it was beginning to spasm and the tears started to flow. As soon as he was done I could feel the "lump" move from the side of my neck to the back. I was in so much pain and so sore afterwards.
My prescription for the evening: ice, rest, and relax. Yeah right! Good luck with that! Anybody who knows me knows that I can't sit still for long!
Upon arising this morning, I was stiff but feeling a little better. I go back to the chiropractor today and then again on Monday. Ice will be my BFF this weekend. Hopefully it gets better FAST so that I can get back to working out. Not being able to work out + holiday treats = unhappy Mel!
Here's hoping that all our friends and family have a safe and Blessed Christmas!


0 comments:
Post a Comment