Every month I say I'm going to not wait until the very last minute to write this. But here I am, last minute, writing this.....
First up this month was Thanksgiving. Grandma E, Aunt Nikki, and Uncle Tim came to celebrate with us. Dad and I stayed up late on Wednesday to get everything ready. Somehow we managed to pull it off! Turkey, corn casserole, homemade bread (3 different kinds), stuffing, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, apple pie, pumpkin pie, butterscotch torte. MMMM so good! You didn't quite get to enjoy the dinner as you were passed out cold but you did later have a few bites of sweet potatoes and apple pie :)
The next weekend (11/23-11/25) we went to Grandma and Grandpa D's. It was a great weekend.
Loving this picture of you and Grandpa!
Reminds me of this pic:
Yep, that's your Mama with Grandpa way back when (circa 1980)!
We converted one of the toys from Aunt Angie into your "command center". You loved being able to climb in and out of it all weekend!
Dad and I also went to the movies!!! (insert shocked face) It was nice to get away but I missed tucking you in for bedtime!
Sunday night when we got back home you were your normal cheery self. But when you woke up Monday morning you were running a fever and not feeling well. I ended up staying home with you. You did not want to lay down by yourself at all! We held off on taking you in to the doctor hoping you would get better but Monday night was even rougher and you were not any better on Tuesday morning. I again stayed home with you on Tuesday and ended up taking you in. The diagnosis: ear infection (blah!). We got the antibiotics and the next day you were feeling much better.
On Saturday (12/1), we pretty much stuck close to home (the crazies come out on the weekends this time of year!) and tore apart our storage in the basement. We had quite the mess but somehow managed to get it all cleaned up that weekend.
We also managed to get our Christmas tree up that night while you were sleeping. You've been doing great gently touching it and just looking at it.
The ornament Grandma got you last year for Christmas has been your favorite. You smile when we listen to it each night.
The next Saturday (12/8) we stayed low key again. We went to church in the afternoon and sat in the front row. Behind us was an elderly couple. You were quite charming and were holding the elderly women's hand. You definitely made her day! She was all smiles when she left church. Later that night, Grandma D came. We were supposed to get a huge snow storm and she came early because Grandma, Aunt Angie, and I were going Christmas shopping on 12/10. well the snow didn't start until early Sunday afternoon. But it was great to have Grandma around. She was like a little elf: doing our dishes, hanging up your diapers, and watching you while Dad and I took Sadie for a walk.
While I was out shopping, Dad called and said he had to go pick you up from daycare. You had thrown up and were running a fever! WHAT!?!?!? was my first thought. You were in a pretty good mood, had just gotten over an ear infection, what next? So Dad had to take off and spend the day with you. I didn't make it home to see you before you went to bed (sniffle) but when you woke up on Tuesday you were doing pretty good (same as Monday morning). Grandma was still there so we took a few pictures before work.
But then around 11:30 I got the call again.....running a fever, clingy, and not yourself So I went to get you and brought you back to work. You did pretty good. Took a while to settle down but once you did you took a great afternoon nap. Wednesday morning you were still running a fever! So you again came to work with me. You were in a good mood most of the day, even climbing the steps at the office numerous times! Finally on Thursday, your fever was down and you were able to go back to daycare.
The weekend of 12/15-16 we went to Grandma and Grandpa D's again, this time to help Uncle Keith move. Although we (you and me) didn't do any heavy lifting, it was nice to spend time with family (as always).
What you've been up to this month:
- Trying more new foods (including more food that Mom and Dad are eating)
- Starting to try to walk. You're afraid to let go but when you have something to hang on to you're good to go!
- Finding anything and everything on the floor (and not on the floor--grandma's earring from her ear!!) to put in your mouth.
- Watching your Mama like a hawk. It's cute to look at you from across the room when someone else is holding you. You have the "are you sure this is okay, mom?" look on your face.
- Pulling bag after bag out of the drawer in the kitchen.
- Doing the touchdown signal! You respond more and more to it!
- Wanting to climb steps all.the.time!
It's so hard to believe that you have now been "out" for as long as you were "in"!
Love,
Mama


0 comments:
Post a Comment